Traveling around the world is one of the best things anyone can do. But it doesn’t come without any challenges. Air travel sees many delayed flights and cancellations due to bad weather or other unforeseeable reasons.
TUI Airways, also known as TUI Fly, allows you to claim a full refund when you cancel your ticket or when a scheduled departure flight is delayed. The TUI cancellation policy is straightforward to understand.
The airline’s cancellation process allows you to modify your flight details in the blink of an eye. But take note that a full refund is not available to passengers under certain circumstances.
Keep reading to find out what to do when your flight is canceled or delayed with TUI airlines.
24 Hours TUI Cancellation Policy
In addition to the standard cancellation policy, TUI offers you a 24-hour cancellation option. This option allows you to cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase. Some notable considerations under the 24-hour TUI cancellation policy include the following:
- TUI Fly allows free cancellations made within 24 hours after ticket purchase.
- You’ll only be eligible for a free cancellation if you bought your flight ticket a week or more before the departure date.
- The 24 hours policy terms vary depending on the ticket. If you book a non-refundable ticket, you’re not eligible for free cancellation.
TUI Cancellation Charges
If passengers fail to cancel their tickets within the first 24 hours of purchase, TUI Fly is entitled to implement a set of penalties. Cancellation charges vary depending on the ticket type. The cancellation fee you’ll be eligible to pay depends on the cancellation time and destination.
Here’s what you need to know about TUI cancellation fees:
- Failure to cancel a TUI flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase will lead to a $38 (€35) cancellation fee per ticket.
- The airline will also implement a $16 (€15) processing charge in certain instances.
- The total TUI cancellation fee you’ll have to pay ranges between $16 – $38 (€15 – €35), depending on the tickets. This will only be determined during cancellation.
- Keep in mind that the TUI cancellation fee for international flights is usually higher than for domestic flights.
- If you have travel insurance on your ticket, you may make free cancellations until 10 minutes before departure.
Different Ways To Cancel A Flight With TUI Fly
TUI Fly offers you different methods to cancel your booking. Whether you’d like to cancel a flight ticket from the comfort of your home or have it done by a professional, TUI Fly has you covered.
There are three primary ways you can cancel your flight; online, via call, and by going to the airport. Let’s take a look at how each of these methods works.
TUI Flight Cancellation Online
Canceling your TUI flight online is the easiest way to go. If you’re a person who likes doing things themselves, canceling a TUI Fly ticket online is for you. The airline has made the process of canceling a TUI booking seamless and less time-consuming.
Here are the steps you should follow when canceling a TUI Fly ticket online:
- Log in to the official TUI website at https://www.tui.co.uk/flight/.
- Click on “Manage Booking” on the top right side of the page. Proceed to enter your flight booking details.
- Once you’ve found the original booking, scroll down to where it says “Cancel”.
- Click on the “Cancel” button, and you’ll receive a confirmation soon after.
- Make sure you fill in the refund form right after receiving confirmation.
TUI Flight Cancellation Via Call
Another flight cancellation option is a hybrid method, where you contact TUI Fly, and a professional will help you cancel your booking. This hassle-free method is great for people who don’t want to risk making mistakes during their TUI flight cancellation.
Here’s how you can go about canceling your TUI flight via phone call:
- Dial the global TUI Fly contact center at +4433 33 365 147 (Please note calls from abroad will be charged at international rates).
- Listen carefully to the IVR instructions.
- Following the IVR options, you’ll press the ideal button to speak with a customer support executive at TUI Fly.
- Proceed to submit your booking information and flight details.
- Request for flight cancellation. Afterward, you’ll receive confirmation of the booking cancellation.
- Lastly, ask the customer support executive to send you a refund form.
Cancel Your TUI Flights At The Airport
Last but certainly not least, you can cancel your TUI flights at the airport. This method is less convenient because you’ll have to leave your home to cancel the flight booking. However, it does have certain advantages.
You’ll be able to directly inform TUI Fly of your desire to cancel a booking. You can also ask questions about any TUI cancellation charge you may be eligible to pay and about the airline’s refund policy.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to cancel a booking at an airport:
- Visit the TUI Fly ticket counter at the airport during business hours.
- Request for assistance to cancel a flight ticket from a customer support executive.
- Inform the executive of your wish to cancel a booking and proceed to submit your ticket information. This includes the departure date, reference number, and any other supporting documents.
- Next, you’ll request a cancellation.
- Then lastly, ask the executive to fill in the refund form.
TUI Refund Policy
Now that you know the fundamentals of the TUI cancellation policy and the fee thereof, you’ll be wondering about your refund eligibility. To apply for a TUI refund, you must fill in a refund form immediately after cancellation to initiate the process.
But, to get the refund, your case will have to fall within the following set of parameters:
- The cancellation policy states that if you make your cancellation on time (within 24 hours of buying the ticket), you are legally entitled to a 100% refund.
- You can expect to receive your refund in around 7 to 14 business days.
- The airline will refund you using the same method the ticket was purchased. If you buy your ticket using a credit card, funds will be returned in the same way.
- TUI also offers a refund option for tickets bought using cash or check. However, this could take some time, as you’ll have to wait for the airline to reach out to you and ask for your banking details.
- Only passengers with refundable tickets are eligible for a refund of the total booking price.
- If you have bought non-refundable tickets, you won’t get a refund of the entire amount for the tickets. But you will be eligible for a refund of the tax imposed on the tickets.
TUI Cancellation Compensation
No one ever books a flight, only to cancel or request a refund. However, failure to comply with the airline’s cancellation policy will be penalized. And this goes for both passengers and the TUI Fly.
Under certain conditions, when the airline cancels a flight due to an emergency, there will be financial consequences that TUI Fly will be liable to pay. And you, as the passenger, will be due compensation for the inconvenience.
Here’s the compensation cancellation policy TUI Fly adheres to in such cases:
- TUI flight cancellations that happen within 14 days from the date of departure allow passengers to claim up to $655 (€600) per ticket. In these cases, it is often recommended to use services like AirHelp, which could process the claim for you to receive the maximum compensation possible. You can check their TUI Reimbursement and Compensation page here.
- If the flight is replaced by another TUI flight with the same departure time and destination, there will be no compensation.
- Should the cancellation be due to uncontrollable events, such as bad weather, or an incident at the airport, TUI Fly will not make any compensation.
- TUI will provide passengers with food and beverages to keep them comfortable. And in some cases, the airline will provide accommodation at the airport for the passengers.
- Whether there’s a delay or a cancellation, passengers will have two options: either opt for the cancellation and get a full refund or change their booking to the next available TUI flight at no extra cost.
Final Thoughts On TUI Airways Cancellation Policy
Every year thousands of flights are delayed or canceled due to extraordinary circumstances. And unfortunately, many passengers fail to get a refund on their tickets due to a lack of knowledge regarding the cancellation fee structure and policy.
While TUI has made it easy for you to avoid paying a termination fee, the process is a bit vague with other airlines. That’s where institutions like AirHelp come in.
AirHelp takes care of the administration that comes with claiming flight delay compensation on your behalf. If you’d like to handle the cancellation yourself, make sure to read the airline’s policy conditions carefully.
LET ME HELP YOU TRAVEL MORE BY GETTING ADDITIONAL TIPS AND INSPIRATION VIA THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER.
Plus, receive a short e-book with 15 Beginner Tips and Tricks to Start Travel Hacking!