I did the Mongol Rally!!
See our whole route below:
What is the Mongol Rally?
Imagine driving 1/3 of the way around the world through the toughest terrain on earth. The Mongol Rally is an unsupported driving adventure from London, England to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Our Team, The Drama of Llama, will be crossing nearly 10,000 miles of unforgiving deserts, perilous mountain ranges, and non-existent roads, in an ill-suited car for this type of mission.
But, this rally is not just an adventure; it is a way to help those in need while having an adventure.
The most interesting thing about the Mongol Rally is that anything can happen in that span of 10,000 miles!
Each Mongol Rally team will be raising a minimum of £500 ($760) for Cool Earth, the official Mongol Rally charity focused on saving the Amazon, and another minimum of £500 to a charity of their choice.
Our charity of choice, Set Her Free, is a non-profit organization that is working to restore the lives of young girls formerly enslaved by the sex trades—the harshest form of child labor in Uganda.
We were committed to raising as much money as possible for these charities. Our goal was to raise at least $5000 to support 4 young girls for a year and save at least 20 acres of rainforest in the Amazon.
Also, our car will be handed over to a charity upon our arrival in Mongolia. (Post Rally Update: Um, our car didn’t arrive in Ulaanbaatar, but we still had a great time hitchhiking after the crash!)
All Posts about the Mongol Rally on GloboTreks
- My Next Crazy Adventure: I’m Doing The Mongol Rally!
- The Early Planning Stages And Our Route!
- Facing Roadblocks And RePlanning With Drama
- The Visa Ordeal
- Welcome To The Mongol Rally!
- Between European Beauties And A Bribe
- Racing Towards The Black Sea
- Why Do We Still Drive Without Vignettes?!
- It’s Time To Convoy!
- Georgia And Its Sort Of Terrifying Border Crossing With Russia
- Our Car Crash In Russia
- We Have No Car. Now What?
- How Accomplishing Nothing Can Be A Rally Highlight
- Fun With Camping And Driving In Kazakhstan
- That Time I Was Held At Gunpoint In Kyrgyzstan
- Getting Lost In Mongolia
- The Last Stretch Before The Finish Line In Ulaanbaatar
- 23 Essential Tips To Do The Mongol Rally; Plus Costs And Thoughts From My Experience